9.14.2008

Delicious Spinach Quiche




I made a wonderful spinach quiche for dinner tonight. I have never made a quiche before but have always wanted to. I dug around in the refrigerator and found some broccoli, mozzerella & cheddar cheeses, and an onion and knew I had the beginning of a great dinner. I only had one pie pan and wanted to make 2 quiches so I improvised and used one small round cake pan for the second. The recipe for one is as follows:

1 pie crust

2T butter

1/2 onion

1 tsp. minced garlic

2 cups chopped fresh broccoli

1 1/2 cups different cheeses (whatever you have on hand)

3 eggs

1 cup milk ( I used 1/2 milk, 1/2 whipping cream)

1 T melted butter

salt/pepper to taste

Place pie crust in pie pan. Melt 2 T butter in saucepan on med. low heat...add onion, garlic & broccoli and saute until veggies are tender. Lightly press cheese in bottom of pie crust ( this helps prevent crust from becoming soggy ). When broccoli mix is done, spread on top of cheese. In small bowl, beat eggs and stir in milk and 1 T melted butter. Pour over broccoli mix and bake @ 350 for about 30 to 35 minutes.



I served this quiche with crescent rolls and the kids loved it! Here is a picture after we were finished with dinner.... only one little piece left!

Bon Appetit!





2 comments:

Kathy said...

That looks really yummy! Could you just put whatever you wanted in it? I mean with the cheese and eggs. Are you sewing your pinwheels by hand or a sewing machine? If by maching, I have a real easy way of making them. Let me know if you want the instructions. K

April said...

Yes, you can put anything in the quiche...squash is really good...or breakfast quiche is really good, with some frozen hashbrowns and either bacon or sausage....YUM! I am making the pinwheels with my machine...I would love any help to make it faster and easier, I need 90 pinwheels for the quilt Im making now.