9.17.2008

La Boheme


Carl & I are taking the girls to see their first opera tonight, La Boheme. The following information about the opera was taken off the Lyric Opera website:
La Boheme
Music by Giacomo Puccini
Liberetto by Giuseppe Giacosa and Luigi Illica
Sung in Italian with English subtitles

In one of the most popular and romantic operas ever written, bleak winter weather can't cool young love's passion. Puccini's masterpiece has inspired audiences for more than 100 years with its glorious melodies illuminating the eternal story of starving bohemians and star-crossed lovers in the Latin quarter of Paris. Don't forget your tissues! Sometimes love can't cure all.
Carl and I are pretty excited...I think the girls are more excited about going to Chipotle before the opera! Ill be sure to write about how they liked/disliked it.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I bet the girls love it! On second thought Megan has such a tender heart, she will cry. I hope you all have a good time. We are going to the lake to try out Bill's new boat, new to him. When I sign Ellen's blog it doesn't show up???

April said...

Yeah, she has to approve her comments....I dont know why she set it up that way.