9.09.2008

Quilt Pinwheels

Its been a little over a week since my last blog.....Ive missed it. My Dad had neck surgery last week...they had to put in 2 cadaver bones and a titanium plate in his neck. He is doing great! He was ready to go home that afternoon but the Dr. wouldnt let him. It was nice to be able to see everyone...it has been a while.
Aunt Shirley invited me and the girls to a bluegrass festival in late September then we are all going to get together out in Galesburg for a bonfire and family reunion type thing. Its been a long time since we have done that. This will be a lot of fun. Carl's team has to work Nascar that weekend so he wont be able to go :( I really wish he could meet my family.
Madi has been practicing bluegrass songs that she can sing at the reunion. Uncle Leon wrote down some guitar notes for her to learn before the reunion too. She is doing a good job practicing. She should be able to learn the guitar pretty easily due to our musical background.
I started my quilt yesterday. My dad bought a couple of quilting magazines for me and I picked a really nice quilt out of the magazine to attempt to put together. It is a beginners quilt but will take quite a bit of time to finish. I made pinwheels yesterday...I finished 6 pinwheels and the pattern calls for 90...so I still have a ways to go. Ill charge my camera batteries today and take some pics of the pinwheels...theyre really cute.




Thats all for now.....ciao

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. That sounded like quit an operation. If you would let me know when the bluegrass festival is maybe Bill and I could come and watch Madi sing. I hope you enjoy your quilting. I find it to be very relaxing. Pinwheels always make a great quilt. K