11.10.2008

Back to Quilting

Ive started working on my quilt again over the weekend and this morning. I had quit working on it for almost all of October because I was busy with halloween costumes and other things. I must say it is nice to feel like Im making progress toward the quilt again, but I am hating the pinwheels. What used to be so much fun and exciting is now a tedious downer. They are really pretty and cool to look at, as long as someone else is making them. Kathy gave me a wonderful guide to an easier way of making them...THANKS KATHY!....but I still dont enjoy them nearly as much as I used to. The pattern that I am using calls for 90 pinwheels and after making 12 this morning, I now have 70 done. I know...most people would say "Wow, your almost there, why not just bust them out and get it over with?"...and I would say "why dont you come over and bust them out for me...Im tired of them." So now I am going to piece some blocks together and cut squares and maybe Ill feel like doing more pinwheels in a day or two.
P.S.
I was going to take a picture of the blocks but one of my lovely daughters has used my camera and didnt put it back where it belongs...so now we will have to wait until they get home from school and return it.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

April, welcome to the quilter's world! I always start out loving a block pattern, but buy the time I have made it a hundred times, I am really sick of it!! That is why it is fun to do a sampler quilt. You might try that for your next quilt. There are quite a few sites that have block of the month samplers. I did the underground railroad one. It turned out very pretty, and you don't have to make the same block over and over. I have six more blocks to do on the delectable mountains quilt, but I am painting my bathroom this week, so that is put on hold. Kiss the girls for me. Kathy