11.27.2008

Gobble Gobble


Thanksgiving is here, and Im sure everyone is looking forward to the turkey. Well, everyone except for the poor turkey.
I was watching the news last night and heard that there was a man delivering live turkeys in New York when a freak accident occured, and several of the turkeys were thrown carelessly from the truck. Thank goodness, they survived the incident and could be heard gobbling, "WE'RE FREE! ... Run for it!" Of course the police came and an ambulance (not for the turkeys), and since the driver and truck were fine, the driver was released to go on with his delivery. But not before they caught the turkeys that were thrown free and PUT THEM BACK ON THE TRUCK. Can you believe that? Why would they do that? I think this accident happened for a reason....maybe God wanted them turkeys free. Maybe they had families to return to. Oh no....the police caught the poor little guys and put them back on that truck which led to their certain death.
So as you all sit down today to eat your delicious turkey dinner....think of the poor little turkeys that were almost home with their families...but now are probably in the bellies of yours.
I leave you with a Thanksgiving song.....sung to the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree" :
Oh turkey leg, Oh turkey leg...Im glad you lost your feathers
Oh turkey leg, Oh turkey leg....your skin's as tough as leather
If you could speak to us right now...You'd say, "Why me, and not a cow?"
Oh turkey leg, Oh turkey leg, We'll see you next at Christmas"
Sorry turkeys!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

april, how cool that you won 3 hundred dollars! It was a great costume. I am down at abby watching sophie. I am on her loptop and I can't say I like it. This is so much different than my computer. Bill is taking justin to court today for underage drinking. I hope he doesn't have to go to jail! Oh the joys of teenagers! Tell the girls hi for me. K