8.25.2008

7 Minute Icing



Yesterday I was planning to take the girls to World's of Fun but ended up not feeling well, so we stayed home and rented movies instead. The girls were very nice about me cancelling at the last minute. As a small treat, after dinner, I made chocolate cupcakes (from scratch) and 7 minute icing. This icing was my all time favorite as a child. My mom only made it a few times but I have never forgotten it. It is so sweet, and soft....like eating a sugary cloud. I have never made this icing for my girls before so I was slightly excited because I knew how much they would like it. The cupcakes turned out very nice, fluffy and moist, and the icing was just finished when I called the girls in to help ice the cupcakes. I like to dip the cupcake into the icing and swirl it, like a DQ ice cream cone. This soft icing is perfect for that. Ellen was too busy with her laundry to want to come help so Meg and Madi enjoyed icing them. Madi really liked the icing, but she loves eating anything sweet...while Meg wished I had added some peppermint to it, she thought it could have used more flavor (how do you type rolling your eyes?). I had to beg Ellen to eat a cupcake ... she doesn't really like chocolate cake that much and after she made me tell her what was in the icing, she advised me that it sounded way to fattening for her. I did force her to eat the cupcake and made her tell me how good it was. She then over dramatized and said "this is sooo good, its the best cupcake Ive ever eaten"..then shoved the entire thing in her mouth and said "happy?". I should have made this special treat for themwhen they were younger.....they grow up so fast.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Should I send you the box of lemon cake mix Ellen picked out when we went to the grocery store??? You know what they say "you can't please all the people all the time"! K