8.21.2008

Busy busy day


I don't think I could have fit another thing in today....Meg and Elle had their dentist appt this morning. Ellen's gap is gone (she is so very excited). Ill post the pics tomorrow. Isolde got her shots...she is approximately 10 weeks old and weighs 3 pounds (aahhhhh). Dr. Blumhorst said she is doing well and that we are doing the right thing by letting her cry in her little kennel because she needs to get used to it. I needed that confirmation, it breaks my heart to hear her cry.
After dropping Isolde back off at home I went to Sedalia. I stopped in at Kay's Crafts and bought some fabric. I am toying with the idea of making a quilt. Since Carl inherited his late father's enormous tie collection, I thought it would be nice to make a quilt or wall hanging or something out of them. Before I attempt that feat, I should have some practice with a normal quilt. I found some really nice patterns on the http://amybutlerdesign.com/ site. I love Amy Butler fabrics and patterns ... her quilt patterns are gorgeous.
Once I was finished shopping I headed to Bodyworks Day Spa for a full body massage. Ive been there several times before and usually get the same lady each time, who is wonderful! Today I had a new girl...I think maybe she thought she knew me and was seeking revenge for something. This girl tore me up! She was ROUGH! It was all I could do not to cry out in pain. I think I may bruise. I will definitely be sore tomorrow.
I left Bodyworks and went to the salon for a haircut then off to Lowe's. Anyone that knows me well knows that I cant go to Sedalia without at least stopping in to Lowe's to check the clearance racks. :) I was actually going to buy some wood so that I can build a shelf for Madi's room, but thank goodness I checked the clearance rack; I found a really nice light fixture, regularly priced $40 on clearance for $2.90!!!! Can you believe that?! The cashier thought it was a typo but had to give it to me at that price! I don't even have any place to put this light fixture, but I couldn't pass it up. Ill find somewhere for Carl to put it. I just love a good bargain!!
I made it back to Marshall in time to pick Elle up from practice then after dinner we all (minus Meg) went to the gym to watch some of Carl's team + Madi wrestle. Today was a good long day...now everyone is ready for a good nights sleep. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

April, they have some great free quilt paterns at www.quilterscache.com I think that is the web address. If not you can do a google search and find it. You could also do a google image search of quilts made with ties. I have seen some very pretty ones. K