8.18.2008

First Day of School


My babies are off to another year of school. Megan is a Junior this year...which is completely crazy! She shouldnt be 16 years old already. It's hard for me to believe sometimes, I feel like she is still my little girl....until she rolls her eyes when I speak and stomps away from me , slamming her bedroom door in my face...that always seems to snap me back into reality. Ellen is in 8th grade...her last year of middle school. She is quite popular and always dresses so cute. She can throw the oddest combinations of clothes together and somehow always pull it off. Elle is trying out for volleyball today. She hasnt practiced much (at all) but is very athletic in general so hopefully she will do well. I will be praying for her. Madison is going to 5th grade at Bueker (middle school) this year. Even though she isnt technically a middle schooler, just dropping her off at that enormous building was scary. She was sooo excited!! They have a malt machine in the lunch room at Bueker. Madi may never miss a day of school now because of that. I hope all goes well for my girls today! I cant wait until they get home this afternoon and can tell me all about it!

My online classes start today as well. This semester I am taking Business Ethics, US History post 1677 and Lifetime Wellness. I hope I can manage okay, I logged on this morning to check the assignments list and it seemed to be neverending....and its only the first day!

I am planning to take Atticus and Newton to the park to play tennis ball when I get the house cleaned...and maybe stop by the animal shelter and clean up the cat room. I always have big plans for the day and never enough time.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I really enjoyed reading all that is going on at your house. And that is a lot! The part about Madi going off to middle school makes me want to cry! She is so cute. I loved the picture of the three of them. They are all so pretty.